Every fortnight I have a peek on there website to see what the offers are to see what I can get. As well as displaying the offers they show you an Aldi super six recipe, which is a meal using products that are on the Aldi super six offer to give you some inspiration. The recipes this time was Orchard baked pork, which looked and sounded delicious, so I thought I would give it ago. The ingredients and recipe is to feed 4 people but I just halved everything to make it for two.
2x 300g specially selected pork loin steaks
3x royal gala apples
1 pack of 4 fresh figs
20ml olive oil
30g salted butter melted
2x 135g packs of baby sweet corn
600g Charlotte potatoes
Sea salt and black pepper
Butter, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6.
- Put the potatoes on a baking tray - prick with a fork and bake for 45 minutes.
- Put the pork steaks in a roasting tin, drizzle over the olive oil, season with some black pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile core the apples and chop into small chunks.
- Cut the figs into the same size pieces.
- Take the pork steaks out of the oven, sprinkle the apples and figs around the steaks, drizzle over the melted butter then return to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Cook the baby corn in some salted boiling water for 5 minutes - drain and serve alongside the pork and baked potatoes with some butter.
- Royal gala apples
- Pack of 4 fresh figs
- 135g packs of baby sweet corn
- Charlotte potatoes
Visit the Aldi website to see what else is on offer and keep checking to see what is new on offer.