Blueberry mug cake


I had never heard of mugs cake before, then I came across them on Pintrest (you can follow me Here). They are quick easy recipes that you cook in the microwave for a minute! They are a great idea for uni students wanting a quick tasty treat. There are so many different recipes you can try, there's something for everyone's taste.
~
There's so many sweet, chocolaty recipes, but i wanted to make something a little less sickly so I went ahead and made the blueberry mug cake. This is essentially a blueberry muffin so it's perfect for a quick breakfast or just a treat. Either way it's easy to make and taste great too. 
~
Here's what's you'll need . . . 

  • 4tsp (40g) all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp of baking powder
  • 2 1/2 granulated sugar
  • 3 tbsp (45ml) of fat-free milk 
  • 1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) vegetable oil 
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 10 blueberries

Instructions 
1) combine all ingredients except the blueberries in a microwave-safe mug. Mix it together with a small wish until the batter is smooth. Stir in blueberries (make sure you stir these into the batter otherwise they may hurt open in the microwave.
2) Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute. If cake is not done, heat an additional 15 seconds. Let the cake cool a few minutes before eating. It's best consumed still warm or within a few hours after been cooked.
~
It's not as nice as the real thing but it is a good alternative, perfect for when your in a rush or if your just feeling lazy like me. This recipe is from Kirbie's cravings and will be what I use everything I want a quick sweet treat. There are so many different recipes on Pintrest, make sure you have a good nosey and let me know if you try any out, tag me on Twitter (dotdanielle) or on Instagram
~


Please like, follow and share this post if you have enjoyed reading it and let me know of any grant recipes you have found that I can try. 

Danielle xx

8 comments

  1. I remember when I was on a roll of making these mug cakes. They are really quick to make and perfect when you are craving for something sweet. However, sometimes they turned out horrible in taste or over sweetened. This one recipe sounds quite nice :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried this one but some of the recipes I've looked at you can tell wouldn't taste very nice. I will just have trial them xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good! I've seen a bunch of different mug recipes, but I've never tried them before. I feel like I really should on of these days!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There so quick and easy you can't not give them ago. Let me know if you do and which ones you try xx

      Delete
  3. These sound delicious! Blueberries are one of my all time favourite fruits as well so I will definitely have to try these out soon! x

    ellie etc | a personal style & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mug cakes are actually such a good idea, I love how quick they are to make. Will definitely have to give it go.

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete