Recipe | orchard baked pork

Since moving out of my parents house over a year ago now, I have the weekly chore of food shopping. Don't get me wrong I love seeing my fridge, freezer and cupboards full with delicious food but actually having to go and get it all and put it away I don't love as much. I like to shop at Aldi, the food taste great and is such good value for money. For those of you who shop there you will know they have an Aldi super six fresh fruit and veg offer and an Aldi super six meat offer on all the time then the products on the offer change fortnightly. The products that are on this offer are even cheaper than usual, making it even better value for money.

Every fortnight I have a peek on there website to see what the offers are to see what I can get. As well as displaying the offers they show you an Aldi super six recipe, which is a meal using products that are on the Aldi super six offer to give you some inspiration. The recipes this time was Orchard baked pork, which looked and sounded delicious, so I thought I would give it ago. The ingredients and recipe is to feed 4 people but I just halved everything to make it for two.

Ingredients -

2x 300g specially selected pork loin steaks 
3x royal gala apples 
1 pack of 4 fresh figs 
20ml olive oil 
30g salted butter melted
2x 135g packs of baby sweet corn 
600g Charlotte potatoes
Sea salt and black pepper 
Butter, to serve 

Method - 

  • Pre-heat the oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6.
  • Put the potatoes on a baking tray - prick with a fork and bake for 45 minutes.
  • Put the pork steaks in a roasting tin, drizzle over the olive oil, season with some black pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile core the apples and chop into small chunks.
  • Cut the figs into the same size pieces.
  • Take the pork steaks out of the oven, sprinkle the apples and figs around the steaks, drizzle over the melted butter then return to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes. 
  • Cook the baby corn in some salted boiling water for 5 minutes - drain and serve alongside the pork and baked potatoes with some butter. 


The meal taste delicious and went down a treat at the dinner table. The ingredients that were on the Aldi super six fruit and veg offer were . . .

  • Royal gala apples
  • Pack of 4 fresh figs 
  • 135g packs of baby sweet corn 
  • Charlotte potatoes 
These were all on the offer price of 59p. The pork loin steaks were on the Aldi super six offer at £1.49. This offer is on until the Wednesday the 7th of October, so why not give this Recipe a go. Even if someone else is the cook in your house why not give them a break.

Visit the Aldi website to see what else is on offer and keep checking to see what is new on offer.

Danielle x

2 comments

  1. It may sound weird, but I love going grocery shopping! It makes me very happy in a weird way, haha. Anyways, the diah looks so delicious!

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, oh I hate it, I can't get round the store quick enough xx

    ReplyDelete