What I love about autumn


Its no secret that I love Autumn, I say it enough. The clocks going back an hour bring us darker colder evenings, the most perfect excuse to light the candles and get snuggled up under a blanket. It's such a cosier time of year and brings many evenings cuddled up on the sofa watching movies. There are so many things that I love about autumn so I thought I would share a few.

Hot drinks
Autumn welcomes the month of pumpkin spice lattes and cinnamon hot chocolates. I love having the added extra flavours in my drinks and always enjoy a cinnamon hot chocolate when coming in from the cold.

Hot baths 
I enjoy having a long soak in the bath all year round but I have a lot more in autumn, I love adding a bath bomb to make it more relaxing and fill the room with a gorgeous smells.

Blankets and autumnal jumpers 
I love layers in the colder months and I am a sucker for a mustard coloured jumper. I love to wrap up warm and that doesn't change in evening, there's nothing better then putting on soft pj's after a warm bath and snuggling up with a cinnamon hot chocolate under the softest warmest blanket you can get your hands on.

Candles 
Candles twinkling on the mantel of a darkened room make it instantly cosy, the scents fill the room with warming smells creating the perfect cosy evening. I have had the sweet Halloween jar lit every night this month.

Evening walks
I love stepping out into the fresh autumn air seeing your breath as it leaves your mouth and listening to the crunch of leaves that fill the ground. The sunset is such beautiful colours this time of year, the early dark nights make it easy to catch when your leaving work and just on a peaceful evening walk.

Berry Lip and tartan scarf 
A berry lip is gorgeous this time of year and is a lovely change to the traditional colours we stick with. I love wearing MAC rebel this time of year to complete my autumn makeup look. A tartan scarf is traditional autumn wear and looks lovely with a berry lip.

What do you love about autumn?

Danielle x 

3 comments

  1. I love autumn for the same reasons! Hot drinks, blankets, candles, cosy evenings, sweaters, scarfs :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of the things you included in your list. My absolute favourite things about autumn are: drinking hot chocolate, reading books while listening to the sound of the rain outside my window and of course, red, plum and purple lipsticks. I also spend more time baking sweets during autumn. :)

    http://stephie-jo-vs-life.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with every single one of these! I love autumn (minus the dark nights) for all of these reasons, mostly hot drinks and scented candles! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete