Banana bread

I love my home to be filled with the sent of baking on a cold, autumn Sunday. I didn't fancy anything too sweet and I had never made banana bread before so I bought a loaf tin and gave it ago. I found the recipe on Bbc good food.



You will need | 
  • 140g butter and a little extra to line the tin
  • 140g caster sugar 
  • 2 large eggs, beaten 
  • 140g self raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder 
  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed up 
  • 50g icing sugar 
  • Handful of dried banana chips to decorate your loaf 
Method | 

1) Pre heat the oven to 180c / 160c fan / gas 4. Butter the loaf tin on the Bottom and up the sides. 

2) cream the butter and caster sugar together until it becomes light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with a little bit of flour. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas. 

3) Once mixed together pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave it to cool int the tin for 10 minutes, then remove and place on a wire rack. 

4) Mix the icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing, drizzle it across the top of the loaf and decorate it with banana chips. 



I enjoyed a slice with a hot a hot cup of coffee, curled up on the sofa hiding from the cold. 

Let me know if you try this recipe. 

Danielle x 

1 comment

  1. I love banana bread! This one looks so yummy, will have to try this recipe out :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete