Blogmas day 1 | putting up the tree

                           
   
This is my first year of doing blogmas and I couldn't be more excited, I absolutely love Christmas, I'm always the one getting into the Christmas spirit far too early! For those that don't know Blogmas is posting Christmas related posts everyday until Christmas so from the 1st of December to the 25th of December. My post will range from beauty, fashion and lifestyle so expect recipes, makeup, clothes and just things I love about Christmas time, there will be something for everyone to enjoy.
Day one has to be putting up the tree, this year is my second year of having my own place and my own Christmas decorations so I get to put them up as early as I like! We put on our Christmas jumpers, some Christmas music and got all our decks out. I am a bit of a perfectionist, I have a colour theme, red, white and brown/wooden and everything has to be in place but only on the tree. We decorated the rest of the house with Christmas blankets, pillows and bedding, tinsel, fake snow sheets candles, signs and ornaments. I love putting lights in the windows as they look so pretty from the outside and everyone can enjoy them. Once the whole place was fully decked out we warmed up some milk, made some delicious hot chocolates, switched on the  Christmas lights and cuddled up on the sofa watching Christmas films. 
There's such a heart warming feeling when the Christmas tree lights are twinkling in the background, the smell of Christmas candles fill the rooms and the blankets keep us wrapped up warm. I look forward to coming home from a winters day and just enjoying the Christmas feeling spread throughout the house. 



Do you have any traditions when you put up your tree? How early/late do you put yours up? Do you stick to a colour theme? 
Don't forget to come back tomorrow for another Christmas post and leave your blog below if your doing blogmas I would love to read them. Keep an eye on my Twitter and Instagram for Christmas posts and pictures and daily pictures of my Yankee candles advent candles. You can follow me on Twitter +danielle wood and on Instagram dotdanielle
~
MERRY CHRISTMAS 
DANIELLE X

4 comments

  1. I wanted to do Blogmas this year, but thought of that a bit too late and it's just not possible for me to write posts everyday without scheduling, so I guess, I will have to do Blogmas next year :) But excited to see what you will bring this year till Christmas, Danielle :) We usually buy a real tree about a week before Christmas. We love to do color themed decorations as well, last year we did red and gold, who knows what this year we will think of :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to doing it. I would love a real tree I love the smell of them it makes the whole room.smell like Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is so cute! We don't really have any real tree-related traditions at my house. We typically buy a tree a week and a half or so before Christmas and set it up the weekend after we get it. And at the same time we also decorate the house :) As for themes, our tree theme is typically "stuff" - whatever we have, whatever colours. The tackier the better ;)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds lovely. I don't think I could wait that long to put my tree up I get to excited xx

      Delete