You will need |
- Pre made cake mix and the extras it requires
- Chocolate candy melts
- Sprinkles of your choice
- 80g of butter
- 200g of icing sugar
- Cake pop sticks
- Cake pop stand
- Make sure cake mixture as instructed on the packed and bake for the time specified
- Whilst is cooking make up your butter cream frosting by creaming the butter and icing sugar together. Leave the frosting in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Once cooked Leave the cake to cool COMPLETELY on a wire rack.
- Cut of the outside crispy bits of the cake as those don't taste to great in cake pops.
- In a large bowl crumple your cake mixture into very fine bread crumbs.
- Add the frosting a little at a time until the mixture is moist and forms a firm hard ball (you may not need all the frosting).
- Pop it in the fridge and leave for an hour.
- Take the ball and take little bits at time to create equal sized balls by rolling them in your hand, ensure they are packed tight and firm.
- Melt your chocolate candy melts and dip one end of your cake pop stick into the candy melts. Place that end into a cake pop ball but not all the way through. Do this with them all and leave them for a couple of minutes to harden.
- Now for the messy part. Twirl your cake pop into the candy melts then dip into your sprinkle or sprinkle them on top. Place in your cake pop holder to dry.
- And your finished! They will be perfect to serve at Christmas get togethers or your could wrap them it little cellophane bags and give them as presents.
Have you ever made cake pops? Do you find the decorating mark extremely messy or is it just me?