- 150g (5oz) self-raising flour
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 125g (4 1/2 oz) butter
- 100g (3 1/4 oz) sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees c (gas mark 3)
- Sift both of the flours and the cinnamon into a bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until it becomes smooth. Then add the beaten egg and mix it together well.
- Stir the dry ingredients to the butter, sugar and egg mix and create a firm dough.
- Roll it out and cut into your desired shape. I stuck to stars but there are so many Christmas cookie cutters out there.
- Place your biscuits on a greased oven tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool and harden.
- Decorate how you wish or just leave them plain to enjoy the cinnamon flavour.
(Recipe taken from All recipes)