MAC Lipstick collection


It was a while ago now that I took my first step into the MAC counter in debanhams to purchase my first lipstick. It was a little overwhelming as I didn't know what to expect. It was so busy I didn't really know what I was doing but I did know what lipstick I wanted. Velvet teddy is what made me hear of MAC lipsticks and I'm sure we all know the person behind that. When I gave up searching I just asked if they had velvet teddy but it was so popular then they didn't have it in stock. I went back to the lipstick counter and began swatching, I picked myth, and that's when the obsession began.

With just seven lipsticks my collection is only small but I love you see that colour swatches are like so I thought I would share mine.

I'll start with the first one I bought, myth.

Myth is a nude shade with a satin finish. This is my least favourite out of the ones I have just because I feel it is to light for skin as I am very pale but for someone who has darker skin than me I think it would be the perfect nude shade.

Velvet teddy is the classic favourite and is definitely my favourite. With its matte finish it has the perfect staying power. It is a dark brownish nude which looks great for day and night. I've used this so much it's down to a little stump, I will be repurchasing.

Odyssey has a frost finish and is a purple brownish shade. It is a perfect autumn lip colour for those that don't won't a colour that stands out to much.

Rebel is also a purple colour that I didn't put down in the autumn months. It is a stand out colour with a satin finish, perfect for those that like a bold lip.

Matte is my favourite finish and this pink plaid shade is the perfect pink shade. It doesn't stand out to much but is different from a nude lip. I love this for day to day wear.

With its lustre finish syrup is a little more glossy. It is a darker pink shade than the pink plaid making it easily wearable for day and night.

Brave is my latest purchase and I've been wearing it non stop since. It is a lot like velvet teddy but is a darker nude brown shade. This is my new go to lipstick.



Do you have any MAC lipsticks? What's your favourite shade?
Danielle x

14 comments

  1. I think we all remember our first Mac moment haha. I'm definitely going to go out and purchase Velvet Teddy. It looks gorgeous. I've always been more of a red lip kinda gal but I'm trying to experiment more. Great post!

    www.lacylatest.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't a red one next, any suggestions. Velvet teddy is the perfect colour xx

      Delete
  2. i love mac lipsticks! i mean who doesn't? hahah Brave is such a pretty shade it looks so beautiful! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know once you buy one you just won't more! It is a pretty shade and so wearable xx

      Delete
  3. I love myth! I need it! Lovely post!

    Darriyan x

    http://darriyancateland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I can't wear myth right I think I need to try it with some different lip liners xx

      Delete
  4. Syrup and Rebel are two of my all time favorite MAC lipsticks!! I got rebel for Christmas and I LOVE it! It's such an amazing shade! I really want to try Velvet Teddy! It looks amazing and I've only heard good things about it!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velvet teddy is my favourite, but rebel is amazing for a beautiful bold lip xx

      Delete
  5. Oooo so pretty, Syrup and Pink Plaid looks so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really pretty wearable colours xx

      Delete
  6. Love your collection! I currently only own Velvet Teddy & Diva (which is a gorgeous deep red - I'd definitely recommend it :-))

    - Erin | www.erincharlotte.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I want a red one next so I'll have a look at diva xx

      Delete
  7. you have a lovely collection there! :)
    http://art-love-fashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete