Body confidence

We all find our body confidence in different ways, some through other people, some through exercise and like me through clothes and makeup. I probably spend far too much money on clothes and makeup although they are just very pretty I also have other reasons for my constant purchases. Feeling good in what I'm wearing and feeling pretty in my makeup gives me so much more confidence. If I were to walk out the house with no makeup and joggers I wouldn't feel confident at all. I'm not saying that you shouldn't I admire everyone that can! Until I've put on my face and an outfit I feel good in I will shy away from a crowd and try not to be noticed. It seems silly but I just don't feel confident.

I think it all started when I was younger. When I was eight years old I was diagnosed with Perthes disease. This is a condition that effects the hip joint. The ball in my hip basically crumpled flat, then when it formed back together it didn't form a perfect ball which causes me a lot of pain when walking, sitting in the same position for a while and exercising. The condition can effect both hips but fortunately for me it just effects my left hip. You can read more about the disease Here. Because of the condition my left leg is a cm and a half shorter than my right. Because of this when I'm walking in public I feel like a lot of people look at me when I am limping which caused me to feel very insecure and not really won't to go out in public. After gaining confidence from the kind words of family, friends and my boyfriend I decided to not let it get me down. I chose to change my image and learn how to do my makeup properly. This gave me so much more confidence and I thought that at least if people are looking at me they may notice my hair, makeup and clothes and not my limp.

I finally got some new shoe inserts form the hospital which were the right size and fitted in my shoes perfectly. They lift my left leg up to be the same as my right, this causes less pain and prevents me from limping. This is great but it does limit me to the shoes I can wear them with which is something I have to consider when buying shoes and outfits.

I had an operation when I was eight to help the condition where my legs were in pots from top to bottom, not my feet, with a bar across my knees to keep them in a wide v position. I was like this for six weeks and when I walked for those six weeks it caused my back to push in slightly which causes my stomach to stick out a little more than usual. I'm not the skinniest of girls but this sure doesn't help, of cause this doesn't help with my body confidence either so I tend to buy clothes that don't cling to my body.

Despite all of this, I guess I'm trying to say clothes, makeup and shoes really can help a person to feel so much more confidence and we shouldn't put them down if they like to spend their money on those things. However you find body confidence, do what you need to make you happy!

What gives you confidence? 

Danielle x 

Where you can find me | 

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | snap chat - dannie.wood

2 comments

  1. I absolutely love this post! It's very honest! You are truly beautiful and I love your blog. I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and suffer with severe bloating. So I know how you feel. You sound like you have it so under control, which is very admirable to read and see, as I am that someone who suffers and stresses. I am the same with my splurges on fashion and makeup, it makes me feel better too.

    Sophie | It's Cultured

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much, you are too kind. I think if we can afford it and it makes us feel better than why not. I hope everything is okay with you xx

    ReplyDelete