Holiday beauty essentials

The sun has finally shown its face in England but that doesn't stop me from jetting if to Spain for a week. I don't wear makeup in the day time whilst on holiday but for me the evenings are a time to get glamed up and put on my face. I thought I would share with you a few beauty essentials that will be the first in my suitcase. 

Of course sun cream is a must, never mind painful and bad for your skin but sunburn is not a good look especially not on the face. I always apply a high factor sun cream to my skin including my face during the day and ensure my makeup has an spf in it for the evening. All that sun cream can leave my skin feeling a little clogged up and can cause a couple of breakouts so I like to take a face mask or two just to help clear my skin, and what better way to relax than on a balcony, with a face mask on drinking a cocktail? 

Being pale I don't tan very well and as I'm just going for a week I won't get much of a tan so I like to take fake tan. The Younique beachfront self tanning body lotion is perfect for building up a gradual day by day tan so you can start from the first day. It conditions the skin a helps to cover scars which is perfect for me as I have a couple you can see when I'm wearing a bikini. 

Moisturisers are essentials, the skin drys out your skin and let's not forget we have to shave our legs everyday! So our skin needs lots of added moisture, Zoellas double cream body lotion has the perfect sweet summer scent and leaves the skin feeling super soft! 

Following on from moisturiser I like to add an extra summer glow with Zoella body fondant, not only does it have the same sweet summary scent as the moisturiser but it gives your a lovely sun kissed glow. 

When the suns out so are my freckles, I like a high coverage foundation to help cover them without looking too cakey. The Too faced born this way foundation gives an amazing cover without it being noticeable and is oil free! 

A powder is a must for me to stop all my foundation from slipping down my face. Rimmel"s stay matte powder is a timeless classic, it's never out of my make up bag. It sets your makeup in place perfectly but doesn't completely matte your skin as I still like a summer skin glow. 

Although I like getting ready to go out I don't won't to spend a lot of my holiday in the hotel room so I try to keep my makeup routine as short as possible. Younique's splurge cream eyeshadow's are beautifully pigmented and so easy to apply. I have the shade elegant and I just take a tiny bit all over my lid and that's eyeshadow done! They look so pretty and have a little sparkle to them. 

To complement my easy eyeshadow I use Younique 3D Fiber lashes. I can't be bothered with false lashes at home never mind in the heat, the 3D Fiber lashes give you the look of false lashes with out all the effort! 

Your never fully dressed without your smile! Lipstick is one thing I can't go with out but when your eating out a lot and drinking lots of cocktails you don't won't something that is going to smudge all over your face or you somthing you have to keep applying after every sip! When I received the Younique presenters kit it include 7 mini Stiff upper lip lip stains which are perfect for on holiday, they not smudge or budge! The shades are all beautiful and they have a couple fun vibrant ones that will look gorgeous with a tan. 

They are my 10 summer holiday essentials, what are yours? I'd love to know where you going on holiday. 

Danielle x 

Where you can find me | 


No comments