What's in my makeup bag | September

I hate to say it but for me September draws an end tosummer, the nights are starting to get darker, the bbq's go away for another year and the jumpers start to come out! As much as i love summer I'm definitely more of an autumn, winter girl. I don't know what it is I just feel cosier and happier, I think my birthday, Halloween, bonfire night and Christmas may have a little something to do with it. My wardrobe and makeup bag always get new additions to them when a new season comes around, I've just placed my first order of autumnal shades of cloths. For makeup its time to put those cool pink and nude tones away and bring out the berry and smokey shades. 


The shades Heratbroken and Glamorous are perfect shades for the Autumn months. Heratbroken is a burnt red/brown shade that looks gorgeous all over the lid and blended into the bottom lash line. Glamorous  is a deep purple shade perfect for creating a smokey eye with a pop of colour, it looks lovely blended with a light brown shade in the crease and outer corner of the eye. 


Bronzer is an all year round product for me, in the summer is gives that lovely sun kissed glow but the colder months are when I need it the most. I'm super pale so I need a little bronzing just to makeup sure I don't makeup anyone jump thinking I'm a ghost! The Benefit hoola bronzer is a firm favourite for me it is the perfect shade for any skin colour, blends perfectly and is easily build able.


A berry lip is my absolute favourite! It's bold and striking but in Autumn and winter it is my everyday nude. The Younique lipliner in Pompous is the perfect deep berry purple shade, I outline and fill my lips in with this to create a gorgeous Matt berry lip. If I want it to be a little less drying or have a more glossy finish I just add a little bit of lipgloss in the shade lucky


My skin always get the little bit drier when it's exposed to the cold air and rain. Liz Earle have the best skin care products, I've never used anything else since trying their products. The moisturiser is really gentle on the skin doesn't clog my pores and leaves it feeling super soft. This will be my skins best friend morning and night for the next couple of seasons! 


I never won't to get out of bed anyway but when it's cold I want to stay their for as long as possible and make my morning routine as short as possible. The touch mineral liquid foundation gives amazing coverage you can completely skip the concealer step and it drys with a powder finish so there's no need for powder either. 3 steps in 1 means more time in my warm bed! It's perfect for all skin types and feels like you literally have nothing on your skin but still covers all blemishes dark circles and spots! 


Autumn is all about the smokey eye, the Urban decay naked palette has every nude and brown shade you would ever need. One quick swipe of a brown all over the lid and your good to go but you can get really creative with all the different shades. I love this palette. 


Me and my brows have a love hate relationship, some days they will go perfectly and others I just want to shave them of! The Moodstruck precision brow liner is great at taming those run away hairs and filling in where I shouldn't have plucked! It has a very thin nip which creates little thin lines when you use it to blend in with your brow hairs and make them look really natural. I will become the master of my brows this month! 

What are you going to be adding to your makeup this month? Do you have a Autumn favourite that you use every year? Let me know in the comments I love to have a good old chin wag about beauty products. 

Danielle x

Where you can find me | 


No comments