5 things I want to do in January

It's the first month of the year, a fresh start and all that. A lot of people don't really like January as Christmas is over (I am sad about that) it's drama dm cold and just not a lot is going on. I don't really mind January, for me it's a month for getting organised, makeing plans for the year and getting cosy on the sofa watching lots of movies. Here are 5 things that I won't to do in January to give my year the best start. 

1) De clutter and organise.
I'm a firm believer in tidy house, tidy mind and there's nothing more frustrating than trying to get on with somthing but you can't find the things you need. I won't to be really brutal and just get rid of the things that I don't use, wear or need, then organise everything in a way that's appealing to the eye and practical to find things.

2) Read.
I have quite a selection of books filling up my shelves now but I just don't read them as much as I would like to. We all let life get in the way some times or just make excuses but I really won't to take that little bit of time for me and just sit for half an hour with a hot cup of coffee and read.

3) Work on me.
Last year I lost a lot of body confidence and I really won't to work on getting that back and getting a little healthier at the same time. I also want to take the time to pamper myself and look after my skin, hair and nails. Put on a hair mask once in a while, sit a do my nails and make sure I stick to my full skin care routine morning and night. 

4) Cook more.
When I moved out 2 and half years a go I couldn't really cook a thing, unless a cheese toastie counts as cooking. Of course if I wanted to eat I had to learn and I did, I can cook some meals but I always find myself eating the same things. I want to try out new, exciting recipes and really cook from scratch. There will probably be a few burnt meals along the way, but I will get there. 

5) Travel.
I would love to take some time out to just go traveling but financially I'm not in a position to do that at the moment (damn bills) but I really want to plan a trip some where. Going to Iceland to see the northern lights and visit the blue lagoon is a little dream of mine. But even if it's a small trip in this country I want to plan one. 

And there we have it 5 things I won't to do in Januray. Will I do them all? Probably not but I can try. What things would you like to do on Januray to give your year the best start? 

Danielle x

1 comment

  1. Working on myself is deffo on my list! That's the one thing this year is about for me and I'm planning on focusing on it so much xx

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete